Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Project: Week 2


It’s so hard to believe that another week at Summer Project is gone.  A lot has happened!  Such as: my room was asked out on a room date in an extremely sweet way, I rode dragster two more times, and participated in Rasneck Games (Redneck games).  I also watched a wedding take place at an outdoor waterpark that I work at… interesting?  Although there are tons of fun things that go on through out the week, I feel like I’ve grown even more than when I last wrote and it’s only been one week!  The community here is amazing and I have come to realize the importance of being a part of a Godly community and surrounding yourself with people that will lift you up and make you better.  I’ve had so much fun just getting to know other people and their stories and being able to share mine too.  There is a sort of peace that comes with dealing with your past and gearing up for your future with people who long for the same things you do. 





One key thing that was taught this week and has stuck with me was learning about intentional living, or living with a purpose.  In Romans 5:3-5 it says, “And not only that, but we also boast in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.”  Living by this scripture is pivotal to truly walking with Christ because as Christians we must know that trials will come our way but by living with intention we also know that after those trials we will have the ultimate privilege of being with Christ and living for a reason. 

Another scripture that I have come across this week in my time alone with God was Philippians 4:6-7 where it says, “Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”  Wow.  It is amazing to me that there is someone out there that cares about my worries and wants me to cast all my troubles on Him so that I can have a peace of mind.  The Gospel is SO GOOD and every day that I dig into it, I come across something new that amazes me even more. 

My prayer this week is that I would continue to shine God’s light at work, while I’m talking to girls, or just hanging out.  I want to be a light for God wherever I am and while I’m doing whatever I’m doing.  I also pray that I would cast all my worries on Him and let Him carry them so that I can focus on the now and not be hasty for the future to happen.  I hope everyone at home is having a great summer and I miss you all SO MUCH!  I am thinking and praying for all of you and I love you so so sooooo much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment