Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Project: Week 3


Well week three of Summer Project has come and gone and I have grown more than I thought imaginable.  Literally, God is continuing to blow my mind, stretch me, and change my heart.  Day after day I learn more about myself, my faith, and my struggles and it is the most amazing thing I have yet to experience in life.  It’s hard to describe Summer Project to people, who aren’t here, but this community of people is incredible and although I miss all of my friends back home, I wouldn’t want to spend a summer with any other group of people.  Before getting here I was afraid to change.  Change my life style, my views, my convictions, but I have come to realize that that is why I am here; to change my life by first changing my heart.  I am so thankful for this opportunity and God is continuing to change me more everyday with every experience.

This past week’s theme was prayer.  I thought for sure there was nothing about prayer that I needed to know but I was so wrong.  Prayer is how we communicate with God and even if this seems like a simple concept it really just clicked with me this week.  God communicates to us through his word and through people and although he knows our thoughts, isn’t it cool to know that we can pray to the God that created everything?  It was just really neat to take prayer seriously again because for the past couple of years I have neglected to take the time to really reveal my heart to the Lord.  There is a peace that comes with being vulnerable with God as well.  He wants us to talk to him on a daily basis and to be completely vulnerable with Him so that he can do great works through us.  For the first time in a long time I understood the importance of prayer and how much we should depend on it as Christians.  

We should pray about everything! In Philippians 4:6-7 it says, “Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”  Isn’t it awesome to know that God wants us to cast our worries on Him?  Not only did he send his son to die for us, he also wants us to lean on Him with our worries and struggles.  This verse is just so awesome and is a great reminder of how big our God is and how much He loves us! 

There is just so much more I could say about how amazing God’s love for us is, but it’s so hard to put into words!  I hope this can encourage you to soak up as much of God’s love as you can because it will never run dry or forsake you! Hebrews 13:5-6, “Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be content with what you have; for he has said, ‘I will never leave you or forsake you.’ So we can say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?”  Hope you are blessed by the word.  It can change your heart!




No comments:

Post a Comment